Pepsiguy Hacking Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pepsiguy Hacking Forums

This is a TRUE Hacking Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Serial Fishing Tut 1

Go down 
AuthorMessage
hacksign23
Noob
Noob

Serial Fishing Tut 1 Empty
PostSubject: Serial Fishing Tut 1   Serial Fishing Tut 1 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 11:46 pm

Hey this was copied off something that i originally did on http://forum.astalavista.ms/

Hi, this is my 2nd tut soo ya...
The target I'm serial fishing is
Here
It is a program made by a cracker, for crackers. It is very useful for converting number like Hex to Decimal and many others. If unregistered, it will say:
Serial Fishing Tut 1 Unregistered

To get rid of it we need to serial fish...
Tools: OllyDbg CiM's Version <- Need CiM's Edition 'cause there is a plugin u need...
Time to get started...
1. Open Olly normally
2. Open CConvert.exe after extracting.
Note: When setting the breakpoints (in the steps below) it should not be running at all, not even the Unregistered sign...
3. As you can see, it is in vb, so we need to find something that compares.
4. Click the "E' button on the tools bar and something should appear
Serial Fishing Tut 1 ExModles
5. Right click on the first one, which should be CConvert, and click View Names.
6. Scroll down until you see a "__varStrCmp" Hmm... Cmp ? In assembly language, Cmp means Compare...
7. Rightclick on the __varStrCmp->Follow import in disassembler...
8. It should land on something in the Assembly screen
Note: If you have CiM's Edition, it should land on __varStrCmp, if not it should land on 740DF8F6
9. Set a breakpoint on the address (F2) and Run the program
10. A sign should pop up ...
Serial Fishing Tut 1 Unregistered
11. Click ok and click about -> register -> ENter your stuff-> Oh? whats this? It just said Unregistered? then that must not be the one because it is also a tool. It is actually used when converting Binarry to Hex. Darn!
12. Restart Olly (the Rewind button)
13. Now that we know it is not used to make the serial, we will have to do a longer thing.
14. Click Alt+B and remove all breakpoints
15. Right Click anywhere on the Disassembly ->Search for -> Name in all modules.
16. A screen should appear with a lot of stuff... I decided to give u guys a break so I'll give u the address. There is one with the name "__vbaStrComp". If u have CiM's just type in __vbaStrComp in the address finder thing that looks like "->:" or something, or type in
Code:

740C3563
17. Set a breakpoint (F2)
Serial Fishing Tut 1 __vbaStrComp
18. Run program and go to About->Register-> and type in stuff
Note: remember username ->Click Ok or w/e
19. Olly should break
20. umm look in the box in the bottom right
Note: My pic was edited w/ MS Paint so it looks very crappy.
Serial Fishing Tut 1 Cd-Key
Yes, enter that stuff in, and it should work if u used the same user name.
Tut made by a noob for noob but i guess I'm OK... sooo ya I've cracked some crackme's u've never heard of so I'll tut it later...
See ya and put ur feedback here
Serial Fishing Tut 1 Nice
Neutral
Back to top Go down

Serial Fishing Tut 1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pepsiguy Hacking Forums :: Tutorials :: Request Tutorial :: Tutorials-
Jump to: